The primary goal of Mental Health Skill Building is to preserve the individuals independence and maintenance of healthy living through providing community linkages that will equip them with the knowledge, skills and abilities. These skills will allow them to recognize personal danger, establish or maintain interpersonal relationships and recognize inappropriate social behavior.
We seek to provide life skills, counseling and case management to mentally ill individuals. Each Qualifying adult gets an individualized service plan to fit their needs. Life can easily knock an adult down especially when the adult might not have the capacity to understand what is happening. We work with client's closely to make sure they are set up for success.
Skill-building may include:
- Establishing Community Support Team
- Housekeeping and organizational skills
- Coping skills
- Budgeting assistance
- Good hygiene and how to maintain it
- Grocery shopping and meal planning
- Stress Management
- Medication management
- Maintaining housing
- Keeping linked to other social workers and probation officers to help the client succeed.
Services may take place in the individual’s home and community.